Thursday, January 5, 2012

Model Trees

A while back, I bought some packets of Battlefield in a Box 'small pine woods' trees. They were great. I wanted a whole forest, but didn't have enough money at the time to buy it all at once. Then, I went to order some more - out of stock. They would order more in for me when they came back into stock. Months passed. I cancelled my order. They came back into stock. I went to order more - but they were already sold out again! Now, this year, I've found out they aren't making them anymore! So I've got 12 bases of pine trees, and no way to get more trees that match them :(

So I have tried out JTTmicroscale, who sell model railroad scenery, and got some of their model trees. I decided to try out some that look like 'ordinary' trees (not pines), and these are the ones that I got. They didn't come with any sort of basing like the battlefield in a box trees, but they weren't being sold as miniatures games scenery, so I guess that's to be expected. I've just plugged them into some slot bases for now, until I decide how to base them.


2 comments:

  1. I really like your background (the trees and sky). Where did you get it from? Did you print it or is it a picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I found a photo on the internet, and cropped it to a really wide shape, then enlarged it so it was as wide as the short-end of my table, and printed it out on a number of A4 sheets, blu-tacked to the wall behind the table :)

      Delete